Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 words

Here is one of the only pictures I have of me and my artwork. This is some of the work I created in Kaleo and Elise's Ancestors and Spirit Guides class.

My 3 Words.


mind-blow⋅ing  /ˈmaɪndˌbloʊɪŋ/ [mahynd-bloh-ing]
–adjective Slang.
1. overwhelming; astounding: Spending a week in the jungle was a mind-blowing experience.
2. producing a hallucinogenic effect: a mind-blowing drug.

o⋅ver⋅whelm⋅ing  /ˌoʊvərˈʰwɛlmɪŋ, -ˈwɛl-/ [oh-ver-hwel-ming, -wel-]
–adjective
1. that overwhelms; overpowering: The temptation to despair may become overwhelming.
2. so great as to render resistance or opposition useless: an overwhelming majority.

sad  /sæd/ [sad]
–adjective, sad⋅der, sad⋅dest.
1. affected by unhappiness or grief; sorrowful or mournful: to feel sad because a close friend has moved away.
2. expressive of or characterized by sorrow: sad looks; a sad song.
3. causing sorrow: a sad disappointment; sad news.
4. (of color) somber, dark, or dull; drab.
5. deplorably bad; sorry: a sad attempt.
6. Obsolete. firm or steadfast.



When I first looked at these words, one instance in my life came to my mind. The bottled up surpressed sadness of an event that lead up to many overwhelming feelings...and it is MINDBLOWING to look back and realize how much of a survivor I really am. I have a good feeling about this class, it's time to continue the healing process and step it up a notch with this opportunity to explore intermedia.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! thanks for including the definitions, interesting to see how many layers even a little word has.

    ReplyDelete